Flying With An Infant


We Always Thinking How We Go Vacation Together With Our Baby

Flying with an infant for the first time can be terrifying, but there is no need to worry. Actually, even a long flight with an infant is very easy and hassle-free. A long journey with a baby might be difficult, especially if your baby is uncomfortable on the airplane. Just know that you will get through it, and once your baby is asleep, it’s time to enjoy your trip. Maybe there’s a possibility that flying with an infant won’t be as easy as you imagine or expect. And for sure, your flight with an infant will not necessarily be indicative of what’s to come.

must to know about flying with an infant

The adult’s ticket fare costs 10% more than the infant’s ticket fare. An infant does not have their own seat onboard. If you wish to purchase a seat for your infant (under 2 years of age), please contact our customer care about the ticket price of an infant with a child discount.

Every parent needs all of these documents when traveling with children

Flying With An Infant
Flying With An Infant

proof of relationship with the infant

Our first priority is keeping our children safe while traveling. That’s why you must take it personally when the airline asks you to prove that you are the legal parents or guardians before allowing you to travel with the children. That’s why you should provide in advance a document that proves you are the legal parents or guardians of the children when traveling. This is especially important if you and your child do not share the same last name and you want to avoid the complications that can happen when passing through security or crossing borders.

Read Also  You Must Travel On The Worlds Most Famous Trains 

important documents such as:

  • Adoption documents
  • Marriage certificate
  • Court order
  • Certificates of name change
  • The child’s birth certificates

Flying With An Infant
Flying With An Infant

you can bring your child’s identification (ID) with you. Even the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) does not ask those children under 18 to provide ID for domestic flights, but some airlines do. much better to bring in all that you think can help check the identification of the children with them.

At the age of 15 years old and above, you can use a school-issued ID or library card. Yet, a government-issued ID or birth certificate is a good one to provide as proof of identity.

Infant travel consent

If your child is traveling alone, with only one parent, or with a non-legal guardian, then you need to provide a Child Travel Consent signed by both parents or legal guardians, that indicates the child’s consent to travel is required by the transportation companies and Customs Officers.

A Child Travel Consent needs to contain:

  • The child’s basic information ( name, gender, birthday, and birth place)
  • Both parents’ contact information
  • The traveling arrangements
  • The destination

Flying With An Infant
Flying With An Infant

If the child is using their passport for international travel, the Child Travel Consent must also include their passport information and birth certificate number.

A copy of your custody order should be brought on your trip if you have exclusive custody of your child. If the child’s parents passed away, some airlines or nations may demand the Child Travel Consent to contain a copy of the parent’s birth certificate. However, you might not need the other parent to sign the paperwork.

 Any child under the age of 16 traveling without both legal guardians should have a notarized child travel consent signed by both legal guardians. It is strongly recommended to have your Child Travel Consent notarized U.S. Customs and Border Protection recommends having your child’s travel consent notarized to decrease the chance of travel authorities questioning its validity.

Flying With An Infant
Flying With An Infant

Besides, your country of destination and the airline you use will have different signing requirements. So it is better to check first what documents are needed to have a smooth border crossing.

On the Bureau of Consular Affairs website, you can check your destination’s entry and exit requirements. Also, you can contact the Embassy in your child’s destination country to determine what documentation your child will require.


If you need a passport for an emergency, matter, the first thing you do is get an appointment before you go to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and provide the requirements needed. The Passports release more than four to six weeks.

People Also Like To Read:

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

Michelle Gabule

Michelle Gabule

My Name is Michelle Gabule. Professional Content analyst.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Live Chat to SAVE BIG !
Send via WhatsApp
The #1 Travel Booking Website For Flights & Hotel Deals Etc
Enable registration in settings - general

Welcome To Our Family